Call for Papers
Do you have a vision, an insight, a research paper, an example case, a finding, a project or a pilot study that you would want to present to road and traffic professionals? Please, read more about the Call for Papers.
Then please submit your presentation proposal by the 9th of April 2019.
We are requesting proposals from the following themes
- Winter maintenance in changing conditions
- Challenges of lower road network / main roads etc. in winter conditions
- Roads structural/subgrade weakening or frost heave and its effects on mobility and transportation
- Ground frost, slippery surfaces, removal of a hard ridges/packed snow, maintenance challenges of grooved or worn road surfaces
- The effect of summer maintenance on winter maintenance
- Climate change and its impact on road maintenance or conditions
- Landslides, heavy rains, avalanches, winter flooding
- Use of satellite data, weather / road information
- Mass gathering of data
- Automation and automation development steps, autonomous GPS guidance
- Autonomous equipment and vehicle automation
- Machine vision and machine learning
- Managing and automating cross-border traffic
- Winter maintenance, traffic / weather disruptions, policy changes etc..
- Contract models
- Frame contracts, service level agreements and operative level agreements
Alternative energy source performance in winter conditions
Mobility, transport and cycling in the winter
Is there a topic missing? No problem - you can still sent a proposal.
The proposal can consist of a single presentation and/or a group presentation
The presentation proposal should be a summary (max. 400 words) of your work.
Detail what your presentation contains and why the topic is relevant. Clearly state what you want to convey to the public. The summary will be used as a major input during the selection process and will contribute heavily towards successful selection. Add relevant keywords in the form. Submit your proposal in Finnish or English in the form via www.winterroadcongress.fi, no later than 9.4.2019. Presentations for the seminar are 20 minutes, which includes a few minutes of questions or discussion.
Group presentation (2-3 presenters)
The presentation proposal should be a summary (max. 600 words) of your work. Remember that different perspectives must be seen in the group presentation proposal (perspective1, perspective 2, perspective 3). Detail what your presentation contains and why the topic is relevant. Clearly state what you want to convey to the public. The summary will be used as a major input during the selection process and will contribute heavily towards successful selection. Add relevant keywords in the form. Name the group members (2-3 people) with their contact information. Submit your proposal in Finnish or English in the form via www.winterroadcongress.fi, no later than 9.4.2019. Group presentation time is 30 minutes, which includes a few minutes of questions or discussion.
The oral presentations in the seminar are going to be translated into Finnish, English and Russian. The presentation will be held in Finnish or English. An English summary of the presentation will be submitted for an internet publication and the presentation slides should be delivered preferably in both languages, or at least in English.
No fee will be paid for presenters; however, selected lecturers can attend the conference for free.
The Winter Road Congress gathers together experts, authorities, equipment and system manufacturers, service developers, researchers, auditors, procurement decision makers, product developers, municipal technical, contractors and consultants. Participants in the Winter Road Congress share the need for successful road maintenance and traffic related tasks in winter and in rapidly changing conditions.
- - Proposal submission deadline by 9.4.2019
- - Notice of approval / rejection of the presentation on 13.5.2019. The presenter must confirm his / her participation within two weeks of the notification
- - Detailed instructions on how to hold and write a presentation will be provided to selected presenters during September
- -The electronically published English-language presentation summaries must be delivered to the organizer no later than 18.1.2020